Sunday, December 27, 2009


electric ice bloom - is not exactly a sound painting - though it arose while listening to music, and contemplating life, evolution, and the make up of all things.

Hollie and Mountain of Ice are the two pieces of music I see when I think about this piece. Was quite frankly so lost in thought envisioning 10,000 years of plant vegetation going to seed, becoming fertile, sprouting, growing, blooming, wilting and fading away... imagining season after season, year after year; how each cycle of the sun enabled plants to create all other living things...that when I paused to look up I was a bit surprised by the result. I'd been imagining the struggle against the ice, the cold, the wind, the trickle of water in the spring - to the flourishing under the sun in spring and summer. Never say art imitates life...life is art. Living is a creative act.

water bloom - seemed to follow the above quite naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment