Friday, September 11, 2009

Beautiful Syncronicity

Madonna blew my mind (once again) this evening. Two hours before I was shown this clip, I'd been compiling my ideal visual mash-up for a party coming up. (Am taking this idea of composing visuals quite serious lately). Had been contemplating themes of life, death, and what messages I'd hope to convey digitally at a halloween party. What intelligent eye candy would haunt, disturb and celebrate all facets and transits of our souls. I'd spent the evening considering how to integrate some facets of classical Japanese horror film, with depictions of Buddhist bardo, Samsara, Mexican 'day of the dead' celebrations, and film clips that celebrate life and other 'soul transits'. At some point I found myself sitting amidst obscure classical music compositions from the 1950s watching lost black and white art films of water, melting animals, and ghostly women dancing, feeling slightly over stimulated.



My imaginings seem to have taken form in "Nothing really matters", this was a near perfect synthesis of elements I'd been attempting to pull together visually and philosophically ...Once again, I'm in awe of the elegance of my universe. Perhaps you'll find some inspiration here too. ~I.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment