Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just Talk To Me

Talk to me like you’ve got something to say,
My heart and soul you dare betray
The further we walk amidst this non-verbal violence
I am counting on these words setting me free.
Some serenity being found in the breaking of this silence.

I worry like a lost river desperate to find a home.
I agonize like a rainstorm in search of soft soil
Like troubled fish in search of familiar ocean currents, I cannot sleep.
My bones ache for finger-tips to guide them to gentler spaces.
My mind slips like glaciers across transformed land.
The further this earthen affair erodes.

The whole damn world can melt…I don’t care…
Just talk to me.

Put the rhythm back in my reason.
Give me a fourth season in the presence of your lips and fingertips.
And I promise to write poetry on your hips

For as long as you will have me.
Just talk to me.

I don’t care if it sounds like marbles in your mouth
Acid in your coffee cup
Or salmon oil dripping from your nose.
Just talk to me.

The fate of my telepathy is doomed
The longer your truth remains entombed.
~r.t.

No comments:

Post a Comment