Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Searching in the strangest of places...for peace

In the faces of slumbering polar bears...

Amidst oil pastels, and little childish giggles...

Amidst fractals and goddesses...

Frogs legs and fantasies...

Chalk and chocolate....

Piecing together, the remnants of an eroded peacefulness, I know that there has gone missing much from my puzzle...

I've been shattered in your absence, and yet I've been looking ever looking ...everywhere.

For the peas to fill my pod. For the ease that comes with knowing. For the peace that will keep me sane...through the darkness, and the valleys, through the alleys and the rain, through the flooding and the pain. I am searching in the strangest places...

Some part of me has atrophied in the absence. Some days in my distraction, I've taken my soul out with the garbage, and then as I sat there in the snow, wondering how I could have put it there, right next to the recycling...why the colour and the sound of living has gone missing along with my sense of peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment