Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Don't treat people the same, find the ones that matter more to you, and hug them."

~Quote by Seth Godin, author of the blog that thuroughly impressed me today.

  • As has the book: "This Is Your Brain On Music."
  • Radio: CJSF, RadioLab & SomaFM

...this is ridiculous but for my own sense of satisfaction I'm making a tally of all the things that have delighted and soothed the tossed cradle of my existence recently...

  • epsom salt
  • eating pudding and reading in the bath
  • baking cookies out of muffin mixture
  • letters to strangers
  • laughing to the point of tears about shaved eyebrows
  • profound letters from sisters
  • light saber wielding squirrels....wtf?....yeah you read that right, look it up.
  • the smile of the person I gave a toonie to
  • telepathic friends in far away places who write to me when I think about how much I love them.
  • getting older... grateful and delighted to be aging...hopefully gracefully. I'm enjoying the confidence and the solidity that is coming with age.
  • the dish washer
  • the janitor and his red shoes
  • the mail man patiently doling mail to all those who wait impatiently...he handled it like a hero this morning...I could have kissed him.
  • to the lovely total stranger who hugged me and helped me find sweet smelling things.
  • the character sleeping in the other room, who has no idea just what a wonderful friend he really is.
  • ryan for being one of those dad's who is riding the chemical, emotional waves of fatherhood.
  • bird wings...and flight training school...

No comments:

Post a Comment