Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I want to live in a civilization were acts of consideration and kindness happen daily. Where forces of justice uphold a standard of loving that ensures our collective well-being. I want to live in a society where we genuinely care about each other, not because we feel obliged too but rather because we know to the depths of our being that in doing so we ensure that life is better, gentler and more prosperous for all of us. This is the world I want to live in.



I wish I lived in a country where I felt I could trust the police to keep the peace and look out for me. Instead, I've feared them my entire life. Never felt their protection. At times I've felt I needed to protect others from them. Have witnessed vicious beatings so overwhelming I could do nothing but howl in outrage as others pulled me away. And when I felt I took a stand for something just, towards a kinder humanity, a kinder place on earth; I looked up to see the bone crushing cold gaze of an officer as they dropped me to my knees, and I squirmed to avoid them breaking my hand. I awoke to a bloody cell and wondered at the land I thought I knew.

It's not fair, that we don't all live in a place of true safety, and abundance; that brilliant people are persecuted by violent mediocre minds. It's not fair that that just civilization has not yet been conceived and come into being, but I'm not giving up. One day I'll see this kinder, gentler society I dream of come to life. One day... I'll be part of its birth.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I love this video! The look on the rider's face was fantastic.

    <3 ~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, isn't it. What would it take to make faces like that thousand fold?

    ReplyDelete